Hindustan Twyfords Ltd. was incorporated to introduce vitreous china sanitaryware for the first time in India
A factory was set up and production commenced in Bahadurgarh, Haryana (earlier part of Punjab).
Company renamed to Hindustan Sanitaryware & Industries Limited.
Expanded business into container glass manufacturing through the acquisition of Associated Glass Industries Ltd.
- Mr. Sandip Somany joined HSIL with focus on business growth;
- AGI Furnace upgraded to increase the capacity.
AGI upgraded I.S. machines; introduced Electronic control & Lehr Temperature control systems.
Acquired Krishna Ceramics Ltd. (Bibinagar); expanded ceramics manufacturing capacity.
Commissioned world’s largest open flame kiln in the Bahadurgarh factory
Introduced the Hindware Brand.
Launched water conservation product, with 3.5 litre flushing – Super Constellation water closet.
- Raasi ceramics acquired to further expand sanitaryware manufacturing capacity.
- Bibinagar capacity expansion completed.
- ISO accredition received by Bahadurgarh Plant.
- First Indian Plant in the sanitaryware industry to receive this prestigious accredition.
- Hindware established online presence with their website.
- Building Products Division expanded to Bathroom Wellness category (Bathtubs / Showers / MFMT’s etc.)
ISO 9001:2000 Certification received by Building Product Division.
- Building Products Division expanded to chrome plated bathroom fittings (faucets).
- Rebranded the Hindware logo for a youthful presentation.
- Launched light-weight flat flint bottles.
- AGI upgraded production technology to make it one of the most flexible production facilities in the country.
Expanded export business.
HSIL crossed the Rs. 500 crore revenue milestone.
- HSIL entered the home interior fashion design retail industry through its subsidiary HHRPL.
- Established two retail megastores in NCR.
- Established corporate office presence in Gurgaon.
- BPD achieved the highest production levels of 31,000 MT.
- The company was renamed to HSIL.
- Launched Hindware Lacasa display showrooms.
- Bhongir greenfield project commenced production, significantly expanding capacity of container glass business.
- Awarded the Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2010.
- Honoured with the prestigious THE BIZZ 2010 award for being an inspirational organisation with admirable business management systems.
- Awarded the 2010 IMM Award for Excellence by the Institute of Marketing and Management, Delhi.
- Acquires the bath fittings business and operations of Havells India Limited.
- Acquires UK based Barwood Products Limited.
- Hindware wins 4 P’s Award for India’s 100 Most Valuable Brand 2010.
- Hindware forays into the tiles segment.
- Hindware chosen as a leading Powerbrand 2010.
- HSIL again awarded Business Superbrand Award.
- HSIL Launches Premium Bath Fittings Brand BENELAVE.
- HSIL Launches Luxury Brand QUEO.
Became the first Indian company to be felicitated with the UPC star rating by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical officials (IAPMO)
- Awarded with the prestigious GRIHA (Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment) certification.
- Honoured with the ‘Best Bathroom Fixtures’ Good Homes Award by ZEE channel.